9/1/11

Home Study Break

Hi everyone!  I (Julie) am very excited to share with you that our family is adopting!  My husband and I have prayed for almost two years about growing our family through adoption and this summer we both received conformation that adoption is God's plan for growing our family.  We are very excited.  Please pray for us as we travel this road that will be filled with a lot of waiting on God.  I love this quote about waiting from John Piper's Desiring God: "To wait! That means to pause and soberly consider our own inadequacy and the Lord's all sufficiency, and to seek counsel and help from the Lord, and to hope in Him." It is my prayer and hope that Darren and I can wait well in this process and trust in God's perfect timing.

With that said, Casey and I have decided to take a "home study break."  We would love to be able to continue with this ministry even in the midst of a home study, but since our towels are handmade (every design is hand cut, ironed on, sewed on, buttons are sewn on by hand and finally every design has to be trimmed by hand) we feel that taking a break is the best course of action.  If you have any suggestions on getting our towels mass produced or inexpensive embroidery machines, we would love suggestions. :)

Casey and I want to take a moment and thank our volunteers who have helped us this year.  We absolutely, positively could not have made it without them.  I want to start by thanking Haley Lively.  Haley creates and draws the designs for most of our towels.  She is such a blessing to those of us who are artistically challenged.  I also want to thank Sandi Cotton. Sandi started out helping cut designs but wanted to donate more of her time to this ministry.  Several months ago she took over communication with our fundraising families.  Sandi, you are a tremendous blessing to us and we thank you so very much!  I also want to give a special thanks to Joy Chance.  Joy coordinated our first design cutting sessions.  We were at a point when we needed help and  I honestly didn't want to ask for help.  Not because I wanted to do it all on my own, but I didn't want to "burden" anyone else.  Thank you Joy for seeing that need and taking action!  Finally, I want to thank our design cutting "team."  These ladies are AWESOME!!!  We've had several fun nights working on towels and enjoying each other's company.  This group of ladies is proof that when everyone does a little a lot can be accomplished!  Thank you Joy Chance, Sandi Cotton, Lynne Brandt, Ronda Chandler, Summer Bryde, Tara Murphy, Dawn Bone, Kerri McGaughy, and Ashley Fulton!

Thank you to everyone who purchased towels from our blog or from a fundraising family.  Thank you for supporting these great ministries and families!

Thank all of you who read our blog, many who we don't even know, who have prayed for this ministry.  Your prayers were felt.  God has provided for and blessed this ministry beyond our imagination.


Finally, I hope you'll continue following our blog and pray for the future of this ministry.  We look forward to introducing you to more of our fundraising families and their new additions. 


Sharing His Love,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyyy... I have been waiting for this Post... I am SOOOOO Excited for ya`ll,,, and praying!!! My sweet (cover)ed friends... HUGS... Soon to be another Orphan rescued and loved on.. taken care of, belly full... Oh Praise King Jesus... Tears!!!!

    ReplyDelete